Forestland Investment Forest and Timber Land Investment, Oregon
10 Good Reasons to Invest in Forest Land
1) Competitive returns: forest land returns compare well with alternative investments.
2) Flexible market timing. Poor log markets? Let it grow. Strong markets? Sell your timber when it will bring you the greatest income.
3) Opportunities to improve productivity – and returns – through wise forest management.
4) Portfolio diversification. Forest land has a low correlation to the stock market.
5) Low volatility. Log values may fluctuate but forest land values are relatively stable because of the ability time the market.
6) Inflation hedge. Forest land over the long term – particularly younger forests – have been shown to be a potential hedge against inflation.
7) Potential for non-timber revenues. Ecosystem services, special forest products, hunting and recreation, etc., are potential non-timber revenue sources.
8) Land is finite. Forest land even more so.
9) Demographics. Population demographics in the U.S. and abroad point toward higher demand for forest products.
10) It is an investment you can enjoy! Touch it. Feel it. Work on it. Play on it. Introduce your children and grandchildren to the beauty, sounds and serenity of nature. Try doing that with your stocks and bonds!